Oy. First week of 2018 aaaaaand go!
- My brain seems to have taken vacation. Not sure when it’s due back.
- All the things are converging on me at once: budget, registration, start of YL+E spring term, start of UNT spring semester, fellowship and writing workshop application deadlines, etc.
- I’m so tired.
- I did make one much-needed doctor appointment, so yay?
- I made a doctor appointment. Ugh.
- I managed to make it through the holidays mostly unscathed.
I’m currently reading We Wear The Mask: 15 True Stories Of Passing In America and it is fascinating. One line really struck a chord with me:
Not talking about race isn’t an option any person of color has ever had, in particular if it’s not clear what race you are.
“College Application Essay #2”, Brando Skyhorse
And I’ll leave it at that for now.