The last week has been hard for me to get through, for a variety of reasons listed below.
- It’s budget time at work, which is one of my least favorite times of the year.
- Family drama rears its ugly head.
- Mom cancelled her cataract surgery because of the cost. I feel terrible because I can’t help her as much as I want to, financially speaking.
- I left work early on Thursday. I haven’t been sleeping well and it finally took its toll on me. I was totally exhausted and couldn’t think clearly, so it was definitely time to go home.
- The news has been depressing and concerning lately, but that’s no surprise to anyone. It feels like the nation is getting darker and more ominous. I’ve been told that I’m overreacting, but with the travel ban and increasing anti-Semitism and hate crimes, I’m just feeling on edge.
- I’m trying really hard to be positive and hope for the best, but it’s damn hard.
I think I haven’t been writing very much lately because to put those words onto paper is to acknowledge that that my fears are real.
Tomorrow is another day. Here’s to a better week.