- It still kinda looks like I just moved into my apartment.
- I need a real, actual vacation where I have no obligations and no real agenda.
- The High Holy Days are three months away, but I know time will go quickly.
- I really want to take the time to prepare mentally and spiritually for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Will it actually happen? Who knows.
- The weather has been gross and humid and sticky. Yay Texas summers.
- Nerd alert: now that I better understand the Jewish theologians and their educational theories that we studied last week, I’m seeing connections everywhere and that’s kind of amazing.
- I realized that my favorite professional conference is fast approaching at the end of July. Yay!
- I also realized that my mom’s name will be in the Book of Rememberance for Yom Kippur this year. That was pretty sobering.
- With the High Holy Days approaching, that means that the holiday season will follow. I’m not really looking forward to that, but I know I will make it through with the people I love.